August 9, 2008

Almost Able to Envision 26.2

So, I'm going to try to keep this blog more updated rather than just posting race reports. Not sure if I'll do a good job at keeping 2 blogs going - more than likely I'll just rehash my posts from EP.

I know you all want to make sure I survived a 14 mile long run. Yep, I sure did!! In fact, I felt so good afterward I decided to walk the 2 miles home.

It was a perfect day to run - nice and cool, low humidity. My run buddy Julie & I rocked the first 7 miles. We met the rest of the group and started the second half around 8:00 am. It always takes me a little bit to get started again because my right knee needs to be reawakened.

We finished the last 7.5 (what's another .5 when you're doing 14?) a little before 10, and I was still feeling pretty good, so decided to walk home. I knew from using Map My Run that home is about 2 miles from the Mass Ave. bridge. I figured a nice walk would be a good way to cool down and keep my leg muscles engaged. So, Garmin total for today is 16.38. Calories burnt - 2052!!

Which is where my title comes in. Yes, today is the first day that I can envision actually doing the whole 26.2 miles. I can envision it - but I can't say I would physically be able to do it. I'm still trying to work out my feet issues. I've been wearing toe protectors on a couple of toes on my right foot and I think they are doing more harm than good. Legwise I think I could go the distance, but my little feet just end up aching. I am sure though in another 9 weeks I. Will. Be. Ready!

I took an ice bath when I got home, had some lunch and then tried to take a little snooze. I think I slept for about 10 minutes and that was it! Those endorphins are just flowing too much for me to sleep. I did rest in bed for a couple of hours though, and am happy to say my legs aren't feeling achy at all.

So, 4 miles recovery tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.